Each online business in Kenya’s model requires different types of resources, skillsets, and experiences.
To give you a clearer picture, here are the five main categories of online businesses in Kenya you can start.
• Affiliation. Affiliation is about promoting others’ products you believe in. You don’t need to spend any time and effort developing a product here. However, you need to build an audience that will listen to your recommendation.
• E-commerce. Simply put, e-commerce is about moving the retail business model online. The biggest challenge of running an e-commerce business is to keep control all the moving parts at the same time from branding to marketing, suppliers to customers, and inventory to delivery.
• Courses and programs. Selling information is a lucrative business model for many. But first, you need to position yourself as an expert in your field and your course/program as the solution to your audience’s struggles.
• Gig-based business. This is the easiest one to start because you don’t need to develop any product upfront. All you need is to find out what you can do and get people to pay for that service.
The following fundamental step-by-step process of starting any online business is largely the same in whatever field you are in and if followed correctly can see your online business become very lucrative.
1. Validate your idea. You always want to test your business ideas before you start spending anything on it yet. Make sure there is a real market need before you invest more money and time in it helps you to mitigate many unnecessary risks and stresses.
2. Develop your positioning and offering. 90% of the elements that make or break your business come down to your positioning and offering. To make sure you get them right, spend a great deal of time to study your audience and focus on solving a problem for them. This means you want to have the great product that solves a right problem at the right time.
3. Create a marketing system. A marketing system is simply a process to put yourself in front of more of the right people when you get your positioning and offering right. Thing gets clear when you start adopting this perspective.
4. Test and optimize. A strategy, a funnel, or a system won’t work forever. Get creative and keep testing things out. Look for areas that generate the greatest impact on your goals while requiring the least investment of resources; these are the best place for you to start optimizing.
To make your dream of owning an online business a reality call us today on